Biotechnology has been applied in our human civilization for a long time. It helps us in many aspects to create a better life. As the increasing human worldwide population, it also brings many issues such as reducing our environmental footprint, using cleaner energy and less of it, combatting debilitating and rare diseases and providing food security, have led many to seek alternative solutions. The world now has a population of 7.6 billion – and it continues to rise at a rapid pace. According to a new report by the Population Reference Bureau (PRB), the world's population could swell to 9.9 billion by 2050.
Biotechnology has offered modern medical devices for diagnostic and preventive purposes, which include diagnostic test kits, vaccines and radio-labeled biological therapeutics used for imaging and analysis. In agriculture, many technologies including herbicide-tolerate crops, nutritionally enriched food plants, cross breed farm animal to get the superior genetic, and many more have been developed through biotechnology research, including molecular farming. The application of biotechnology in agriculture has resulted in benefits to farmers, producers, consumers, also for medical purposes, such as golden rice. Biotechnology has helped to make both insect pest control and weed management safer and easier while safeguarding crops against disease. The use biotechnology is not limited only in human, animal health, and agriculture, but also in environmental health, clean manufacture, food processing, biodefense and bioterrorism, public safety, and many more.
Now we are entering the industry 4.0 era where transformative technologies are involved to all aspect of human life. The research development should be meet the synergy between human needs and transformative technologies. Through this symposium, we deliver the update of biotechnology research results, exchange the idea, and create scientific collaborations among Asian countries. We believe this symposium can trigger the development of molecular biology and modern biotechnology through transdisciplinary research.
- Prof. Dr. Ocky Karna Radjasa, M.Sc, Deputy of Research and Community Services, RISTEK DIKTI, Indonesia
- Prof. Dr. Choul-Gyun Lee, Biological Engineering, Inha University, Korea
- Prof. Ming-Hua Ho, Chemical Engineering, National Taiwan University of Science & Technology, Taiwan
- Dave Siak Wei Ow, Ph.D., Bioprocessing Technology Institute, Singapore
- Prof. dr. Soetjipto, M.S., Ph.D. Faculty of Medicine, Universitas Airlangga, Indonesia
- Prof. Suzuki Yutaka, Department of Computational Biology and Medical Sciences, the University of Tokyo, Japan
- Dr. Siswa Setyahadi, Indonesian Biotechnology Consortium
- Food biotechnology and applied microbiology
- Biopharmaceutical and Medical Biotechnology
- Biocatalysts and Protein Engineering
- Nanobiotechnology and Biomaterials
- Systems and Synthetic Biotechnology
- Emerging Infectious Diseases, Biothreat, Bioterorism, and Biodefense
- Swiss-Belboutique Yogyakarta
- 09 Feb 2020 - 11 Feb 2020
- Paper Submission
- 15 Nov 2019 - 30 Nov 2019
Prof. Wayan T. Artama (+62) 816-686-274
Putu Cri D.G., DVM., M.Sc. (+62) 815-4282-6439
Mia Nur F., DVM., M.Sc. (+62) 899-5676-258